Look closely, magic is all around you.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Black'd Skie


" our pleasures are borne but to die...
they are tied to our Hearts but to sever.
and like stars streaking cross'd a black'd skie,
burn their brightest when Fading forever..."

~ ca. 1800's sampler verse

Thanks to Lori of Notforgotten Farm for allowing me to use this cool verse she discovered on an old sampler!


Here is Black'd Skie (you can click on the pic for a close up)
Bonnie of Valley Framing did an incredible job on this! Thanks Bonnie!!
The moulding is from Larson-Juhl~I think it is just perfect!

Out of my releases for Nashvile~I believe this is my favorite!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

I agree, Lisa! I can't wait for this one!

Catherine said...

Oh wow! I love it!! A must have....along with all your others!

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's fabulous Lisa. I think it's the best out of the bunch too, not that the others are too shabby. I'm looking forward to adding this one to my collection.

Nancy said...

I can see why this is your favorite! It is absolutely, positively wonderful!

KarenV said...

This is fantastic Lisa! I love the verse and the layout of it.

Jules said...

Wow! I really like that sampler and the verse is beautiful!

JOLENE said...

Can't wait til market is over so I can add some more stash of yours to my "To Do" list!!! Love this design.

Jeannine 520 said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Lisa, I had saw this verse on the Notforgotten Farm blog and loved the saying and planned on asking her sometime if the sampler she found it on was charted. Just loved it! Thanks so much for using it, it is just a great verse. Love your work and am working on Follow Me at this time. Keep it up!

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

Awesome Lisa! I love the new charts!!

JoAnn said...

Lisa: I couldn't believe the verse I was reading. I immediately remembered it was on a sampler I had stitched in 1988. It is Sally Fiske - 1825 by Scarlet Letter. It is hanging in my daughter's bedroom and I must get your pattern to hang next to it. Thank you for your wonderful designs. JoAnn

Giovanna said...

I'll definitely have to get this one, it's stunning!

Susan said...

Love Black'd Skie!
You are just ever so clever!

Lois said...

I do love this one! Definitely a must have.

Anonymous said...

I think it is safe to say that you have another round of hits!

~Charity

Anonymous said...

We need a rerelease please.

Unknown said...

Please release.