Look closely, magic is all around you.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Home from Tennessee

We had a great time on Tim's Ford Lake!
I love the south. The weather was sunny and hot. Here are some pics~






Ben and Brenda invited us to spend the weekend at their house on the lake





I also got to meet Carmen Sutton! Her house is incredible, everywhere you look, you see the most awesome stitching and finishing. She and her husband Danny are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet!






Carmen finished my 1612 piece for me~she truly is a finisher extraordinaire! I am thrilled with how it turned out! She filled it with the most wonderful smelling herbs too!

We got home last night so today was spent doing laundry and catching up on yard work. It was good to get away and also good to come home!

I have almost finished stitching Halloween Garden and tomorrow I will be busy getting some new designs charted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I squealed with Glee when I saw this. I grew up in Shelbyville and learned how to fish at Tim's Ford. By the way, I am starting one of your charts as soon as I'm finished with the one I am working on.

Lisa said...

We drove through Shelbyville on our way to Carmen's house. We were hoping to miss the traffic from Bonnaroo (thakfully we did!)
I would have loved to spend more time there. My mom had a Tennessee Walker!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love the 1612 pattern !! Love the way it was finished. Can't wait for your new patterns. Sounds like you had a great time on the lake !!!

Anonymous said...

I lived right next door to the side gate of the horse grounds, and my best friend and I could sneak under the fence and spend all day in the stables with all the Walkers. When I was really wee I would give away trophys. It was a wonderful place to grow up.

We had appaloosas

basketsnprims said...

Lisa,
Glad you had a great time, wonderful pics. Looking forward to your new designs.
Pam

Margaret said...

I saw your pics on Carmen's website! Glad you had a good time -- and that you got to go to Carmen Sutton's house. Lucky you! Love your 1612 piece!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Hi Lisa!
Oh boy does that Lake look refreshing! I miss our beaches up in CT but will see them next week while on vacation yay!!! ~ you all look like you had a great time...your daughter is beautiful!
can't wait to see your new stitchings, I'm working away on my new Hallowe'en releases too!
Blessed be, Withy Friend!!
Lori from Notforgotten Farm

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

OMG I love the way she finished your design! It's wonderful!!
)O( Blessings)0(

Siobhán said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic, restful time, Lisa! And you got to meet Carmen and see her house. Lucky you!!!