Look closely, magic is all around you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mary Doidge




Hey guys! I'm going to have 2 reproduction samplers at Nashville and this is one of them. Carol Sims stitched the model (thanks Carol!) And Bonnie from Valley Framing, once again did an awesome job with the moulding! (thanks Bonnie!)
I love this sampler so much! Mary was only 8 years old when she stitched this. How incredible is that! She finished it on Oct.31 1844. The original resides in Allhallows Museum in Honiton England. There is also a way cool, kinda spooky story about it too! (You will have to buy the sampler to find out though)
So, in my mind this sampler is about as perfect as you can get~It is beautiful, it was finished on All Hallows Eve and it's home is Allhallows Museum!
I would like to thank the museum for the opportunity to pay tribute to Mary and her samplar.

9 comments:

Margaret said...

Mary is so beautiful, Lisa! That's so cool about All Hallow's Eve too!

Siobhán said...

It's a definite must stitch for me, Lisa! I love the All Hallows story--it's a perfect repro for you to do!

Unknown said...

Uh-oh...I'm gonna be a bad girl...you know I will have to have that one to stitch!! LOL! I love it...and can't wait to hear the story behind it.

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Nicole said...

Lisa, it's beautiful!! I love it!! Can't wait to stitch it for myself! :)

Cindy in Virginia said...

Lisa, it is wonderful, love the story! Can't wait to get a copy of the chart! Have fun in Nashville!

Catherine said...

Ooooohhhhh!!! I think I know the story of this one!! How cool!!

Barb said...

Since I have such a passion for anything Halloween, I'll have to stitch this one. It is so pretty!

Berkana said...

Beautiful!
Berkana

Sherry :o) said...

Mary is beautiful and her story very intriguing! Good luck in Nashville!